Lion's mane Mushroom Chedder Crackers
|15 MINS||20 MIN||30MIN||20|
- 175g block of cheddar cheese, shredded (not pre-shredded)
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Dr Noel's Concentrated Lion's mane Mushroom Powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
1. Prepare the Dough: In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, shredded cheddar cheese, black pepper, Dr Noel's organic Lion's mane mushroom powder, salt, and thyme until well combined.
2. Add Flour: Mix in the flour on low speed until it forms wet clumps.
3. Form a Log: Using clean hands, gather the dough to form a ball. Avoid over-handling. Place the dough on a piece of plastic wrap and shape it into a log about 20 centimeters long. Wrap it tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. You can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze it for up to 2 months.
4. Preheat Oven: When you're ready to bake, preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
5. Slice the Dough: Remove the dough log from the fridge or freezer. If frozen, allow it to thaw slightly. Unwrap the dough and slice it into ¼-inch thick discs using a sharp knife.
6. Bake: Place the sliced crackers on the lined baking tray, spacing them about an inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes for soft crackers, or 15-20 minutes for crispier crackers.
7. Cool and Store: Remove the tray from the oven and allow the crackers to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days, or wrap them in plastic wrap and then foil, placing them in a freezer bag to freeze for up to 1 month.
Enjoy your Cheddar and Mushroom Cheese Crackers!